Why do I need a Tax Agent? Can’t I lodge my own tax return? Do I actually need to lodge my tax return? Am I opening a can of worms if I lodge my tax return? How can I get a higher tax refund? How can I plan out my tax liability in the future?
Most of you individuals out there, earning a decent wage or salary may have had one or more of these questions at one time or other. Let me try to explain why you may need the services of a Tax Agent, which is also a professional just like your lawyer or doctor.
- A Tax Agent can identify deductible expenses related to you or your field, which can materially reduce your tax liability or secure a higher tax refund.
- A Tax Agent have a better clout with the Australian Tax Office (ATO), especially when it comes to late lodgments or a plea to waive penalties, inter alia.
- A Tax Agent will be the central person managing all your ATO correspondence, calls and queries, which will set your mind at ease to focus on your work.
- A Tax Agent is usually up to date with changes to tax laws and related regulations which may have a material impact on your tax return.
- A Tax Agent can help you to plan out future taxes & cash flows, through tax minimizing strategies and tax planning.
The list can go on, but the above should cover key points to argue my case. All this for only around $ 100 (can vary based on complexity of the return) which is also tax deductible. In most individual tax return cases, a Tax Agent should be able to obtain a legitimately higher tax refund. Most your questions answered?
So why not lodge your tax return with Protax Accountants? Call us now for a free confidential discussion or an appointment. Yohan 0451 011 399 or Dirk 0449 917 046 or our general 03 8512 0388/7